Monday, May 21, 2007


Hannah had a very busy day today. Hannah went to school today, for a half day. It was very difficult to get her up and motivated this morning. Again, it seems the radiation fatigue is still present. It doesn't seem to be a constant with her though. One day she will sleep until 11am, and the next she wakes at 8am. She still tires more easily than before, whether it's from the radiation or the chemo or both, I don't know. She was definitely ready to come home at noon when the class went to lunch and recess. Her tutor, Mrs. V then came at 1:30. Not knowing what to expect, I think Hannah was a bit reserved at first, but she really opened up by the end of the hour and was really enjoying it. Right now, she'll be working with the tutor 3 days a week, going to school 4 half days a week (Fridays she always has her clinic appointment in the morning), and going to physical and occupational therapy 2-3 times per week. And of course, her chemo schedule to follow. It will certainly keep her busy!

Hannah has also started a bandaid collection! I noticed a couple of weeks ago when she had to have her port accessed, that what distracted her the most was the bandaids the nurses had to choose from to put over it when they took the needle out. Even more than the big bag of candy I brought to distract her, the bandaids really helped. So, we decided to start our own bandaid collection. Every Friday, and also when she goes for chemo she either gets a finger stick, or her port accessed. Now, she will have her own collection of bandaids to help make it just a little bit easier. We have a travel container for them and a few boxes of bandaids in it already. After her clinic appointment last Friday, she asked me to stop at every bandaid place on the way home. After one stop she fell asleep in the car, so we didn't add that many to our collection. So, if you come across any unique bandaids in your travels, please let us know!

I thought you might enjoy this photo of Hannah. She gets very cold very easily, so this was her solution yesterday-earmuffs with a hat over them, crazy!

xoxo
Kim

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Hannie: You are so funny!! Look at you with your new hat and ear muffs. Pretty soon you will not need them though--it is supposed to be 88 today at G & G's, so you know what that means---in the next couple of days it will be hot at your house too!!
Watch for a package in the mail. We are so glad that you had a fun day at school and that you like your tutor. I'm sure she will be a big help with your lessons.
We love you and miss you even more!!
Love and hugs and kisses,
OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
G & G

Anonymous said...

Hannah,
We love the hat. It reminds me a Christmas when you would wear that hat all day at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We are on the hunt for bandaids and if we find any good one's we will send them to you. We were really sorry that we could not be there for the first communion but Sydney is still fighting this cold that she can't seem to get rid of. We hope to see you soon
Love Aunt Susie

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah: I haven't visited your blog for a while, but I've been thinking good thoughts for you. I just LOVE the hat and LOVE your the Dress and LOVE the bandaid idea and I'm sending Lots of LOVE from Chicago. Kristina

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah,
Hi it is Lynsey! I hope you are feeling well. I can't wait to see you in the summer. We will have to go on webkinz and see each others houses. I hope your next chemo treatment goes well.
Love,
Lynsey P.

Anonymous said...

Hannah,

Your communion dress looked soooo pretty! Oh yea, i have 2 webkinz: Buffbulldog and Snowfuzz123 .
Hopefully i'll see you on webkinz! ,
Tori

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah Love,
Your hat is great. I'm sorry I did not get to see that in person at school. I have certainly been blessed to see you 2 days in a row though.Your presence is such a delight for my day. It is so wonderful to see you almost in a jog sprint ready to conquer all. You truly are an amazing young girl.
My daughter Lesa (you met on Saturday at the restuarant) sends you her well wishes and enjoys seeing your pictures on the blog.
Thank you too for sharing those delicious brownies from Melanie's birthday.
I too will be on the search for some different bandaids for you.
Have a good rest tonight and keep smiling you are beautiful.
Love & Blessings
Mrs. Baker (Lynnis)

Anonymous said...

Hannah,

You looked so beautiful on your communion day. May God keep you close to his heart that day and always. You are such an inspiration to us all. Keep up the great work. You are all in our thoughts.

With Love,

The McDonald family

Anonymous said...

It just so happens that I was in Germany 2 weeks ago and I bought some band-aids!! Do you believe it? I'll put some in the mail!! We are so happy that you are doing so great, Hannah!

Love and Prayers,
The Reyes Family

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah! I love your hat and ear muffs, you're so stylish!

I will look for some band aids here in Illinois....but I don't know if Grampa and Gramma will let you wear Illini ones - ha! ha!

Hope your appointments went well this morning and that you have a great weekend!

I will be thinking of you and sending lots of prayers your way!

Love you lots!

Angela

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah Love,
I pray your appointments have gone well and you are enjoying this beautiful weekend. Did you get to see any of the local parades?
My daughter Lesa went to the Yankee game on Saturday even though the Yankee's lost she had a great time.
I hope to see you at school before your next treatment day this week.
Have not found any different bandaids but will continue to look for you.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I look forward to seeing you soon and your beautiful smile.
I Love you much.
Love & Blessings
Mrs. Baker (Lynnis)