Thursday, Jan. 3, 2008

I guess I should have waited until the night was over until I posted about Hannah sleeping in her own room by herself! At about 12:30am I heard a little peep on the non-baby baby monitor and came rushing down to see if it was Hannah just talking in her sleep. No-she was awake, her feet were hot inside her pj's and it woke her up. She wanted to come upstairs and sleep with us. I told her she couldn't because Dave has a cold, so out came the trundle and in came mom. Off came the pj's and we were sleeping again. We'll try again but not tonight because she said she's not ready. I'm working on it though.

Not a good eating day, although her calorie count was about 900, which is better than a few other days this week. It's a good thing that heavy cream, ice cream and butter have a lot of calories otherwise she might be on a feeding tube by now. She told me yesterday she just can't eat, it's the stupid cancer and it's not her fault she got the cancer. Now that's a tear jerker.

Look how much Tod has grown since his first sweater!

xoxo Kim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEy guys!! Just checking in...
Lots of hugs and kisses from Texas!!
Mimi( juliansworld)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Hannah and all the Prokop family - and that includes the GIANT dog!

You are making a great start to the new year and I hope it will continue to be one of happy times and fun. You are lucky to have to think about gaining weight for the new year - that is not what the rest of us are thinking about I promise you!

Hannah - there are some great new bandaids at Grandma Honey's house in Mattituck - be sure to ask Charley to get them to you or just stop by - here is a hint - they are pink!

See you soon

xoxo - Liza

Anonymous said...

Hello Prokop family. I heard about your site from the Cole-MAN's site and thought I'd wander over. My son, Sam, is a bt survivor, also--medullo. He will be 11 in March and was diagnosed in 9/2000. He's been off treatment since 12/2001--best Christmas present we got that year!!!! Welcome to off treatment for you, too!!! It took Sam a lonnnnng time to get his "taste" back--but I will tell you, his eating habits are AWFUL and alot of what he did like, he doesn't anymore--their tastebuds do change. He was also on Zofran for about 6 months after treatment ended (probably should have been on something else, but back then I didn't know any better....). Your sleeping situation sounds verrrry familiar. Sam would not sleep by himself in his room, so for about 5 1/2 years when treatment ended, he slept on the living room couch with me having to lay with him until he fell asleep. We moved to a different house this past summer and I told him when we were moving, that the living room was no longer his bedroom. We let him pick his room first and bought him a new bed (even though his other one had hardly been slept in!!!). I didn't think he'd be able to do it, but I'm happy to report that he has slept in that bed all night, every night since we moved in--now granted, I still have to lay down with so he can fall asleep, but I'll take it. These kids have been through soooo much. I've talked to other families that struggle with the same thing even years later.

Oh well--I just wanted to say "hi", to tell you you're not alone in your struggles. Off treatment is a wonderful place--a different place on this journey, not without its own difficulties, but still a wonderful place.

Prayers and HOPE,

Sandy (m/o San 10, dx. 9/00 w/medullo, ot 6 yrs., and Max 14....Rocky River, OH.....slb44116@yahoo.com)