Saturday, August 18, 2007

What a fun day! Hannah started her bake sale today at 8am. By 9:50am we had sold out everything. Hannah earned $372 for charity today, to give to Smiles for Scott Foundation and Spaulding Rehab hospital. Here is a picture of Hannah at her sale, after she had already sold most of her goods. Check out the "Hannah's Amazing Foods" sign! So many wonderful people came by to buy things and make donations, it was so heartwarming. Thanks to everyone who stopped by, and to our friends Erin and Kerry that made yummy things to add to the sale.

I know that her counts are on their way down, and it will take about another 10 days to reach their low, but right now she is doing great. Her energy level is good, but she gets tired easily. Other than that, she is doing well. We go back to clinic on Tuesday, so we'll get an idea of where she's at.

xoxo Kim

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah Sunshine,
Wow, you truly look like a ray of sunshine at your bake sale. I am so sorry I was away this weekend.
How colorful the sign is. Good job Hannah and what a wonderful girl you are thinking of others all the time.
I pray you are feeling fairly well and you are getting well needed rest--I know how busy you keep yourself.
I am still at my grandson's visiting and then on my way to visit my daughter Lesa upstate.
I will call on you soon.
Say hello to your wonderful family.
Good for you girl you are half way done and keep hanging strong my kinddred spirited girl.
I Love You Much,
Love & Blessings,
Mrs. Baker (Lynnis)

Anonymous said...

hi there hannah,

You are a very generous girl and I am glad to know you - Just think of how many kids will be glad to know the candy cart is coming around again thanks in part to your hard work.

You are helping us all to understand how to be brave and kind and how to be a gracious leader - that is a big job for you but you are doing it really really well.

glad you enjoyed the bake sale - sorry I could not make it but thought of you in Germany!

Love
Liza

Anonymous said...

What a great day for selling goodies. Looks like you had a lot of fun and did very well. You are an amazing girl, my little Hannah Banana! Wish I could have been there but I too was away,like Mrs. Baker, visiting my daughter in her new house! I thought of you often. I really enjoyed seeing you on Friday and hope you are feeling well. Keep smiling and remember you are loved!
Love
Mrs. V

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,

Glad to hear your bake sale went so well. You look like you were enjoying yourself in the pictures.

We're away too, so we weren't able to make the sale. We're up in the Adirondack mountains - trying to avoid the bears......... there are signs everywhere warning us of the "bear infestation".....not something you usually worry about on Long Island!

Hang in there these next few days. We're always thinking of you.

Love Mrs. Purick and Jessica
(and the bears)

Anonymous said...

Hannah! That is just awesome that you made soooo much money for your charities! And that sign....that is GREAT!

Congratulations and I hope you had lots of fun!

Love you!

Angela