Saturday, Sept 22, 2007

Last night was such a fun night for us. We went to dinner with a special group of women "Hannah's Hurrying Heroes".

While still in Boston, I received a call from a lady from Cutchogue I had never met. She read about Hannah in the newspaper and wanted to do something to help. Her idea was to get a group of women together to complete a half marathon/marathon in East Hampton to raise money for Hannah. Since that time, Donna compiled a group of 9 strong women who will be in East Hampton next weekend together. Hannah named the group, and picked out the color of the shirts too. Eight of the women are completing the half marathon, and Donna is doing the full marathon. They have worked long and hard, training and fundraising and are just an amazing group of women. Some of the women we knew, and others we had never met. They had never even met each other. They are pictured below with Hannah in their race shirts. From the left (minus Danielle) are Kelly, Josephine, Debi, Gretchen, Melissa, Donna, Virginia, and Stephanie with Hannah. Hannah and I hope to be there at the starting of the race next weekend, if all goes well. We want to sincerely thank each and every one of them for their hard work and dedication. We are so touched that they would give of their time and hearts to do this. You are all heroes in our book, and we love you all!

GO HANNAH'S HURRYING HEROES!


xoxo Kim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah Love,
What a truly beautiful weekend. I hope you had a good weekend. My German family were here visiting this weekend and will return to Germany on Thursday. I am so sad for my German daughter to leave. We took a ride to the ocean today and the sun was shining as beautiful as your smile and the water was so calm and crystal clear. A wonderful day to end our visit.
I hope you had a great weekend too. I pray that you are feeling well and your counts are in good standing for your next clinic visit.
God Bless these women that will be doing the marathon in honor of you. Great name you chose for the group and a very bright cheery color for their shirts--great picture of you too. I will be away that weekend but certainly will be cheering the group on in pray and thoughts.
Looking forward to seeing you at school this week.
I pray for you to get good rest and peace for the days ahead for you treatment time.
May all the angels from above surround you and protect you.
My pray and love are always with you.
I Love You Much,
Love & Blessings,
Mrs. Baker (Lynnis)

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah & family,

My sister Kelly was one of your heroes that ran the race, unfortunately I did not get my donation to her before she left that starting line! Where can I send my donation? I was so proud of my sister, but I am even more proud of you and how strong you are being during your treatments.
Thinking of you and your family,
Joan Burke