Tuesday, Sept 25, 2007
Round 6 is now complete! We had mixed results today from our clinic visit. Hannah's counts continue to go down each week. Her red blood is good, however her ANC is now only 797. Her doctor said that we wouldn't stop her chemo for today since she is in the middle of the cycle, but if they do down again next week, we will have to delay Round 7 by a week in order to treat her with shots to raise her ANC. At this time, there is nothing to do except wait. We won't know until next Tuesday, Oct. 2 if she is going to be admitted or we have to hold off for a week. Obviously, we're hoping for no delays, but if her ANC drops under 750, it will be delayed. From last week, it dropped by 350 points, so although I've learned not to predict what will happen, it's more likely than not that we will have to wait.
The other thing I've learned is not to try and read an MRI by myself. I couldn't decipher anything from the 200 pictures on the MRI disk I brought home with me, and was nearly in a panic by the time her doctor emailed me. The good news is her cranial/neck MRI today was clear with no signs of tumor. I do not yet have the full report, so I don't know all the details, but most importantly, she is still tumor free! Tomorrow is part 2 or her MRI, the spine. She did great today, the MRI took about an hour and she slept for part of the time. She is very happy that tomorrow will be only the MRI, then deaccessing and we're out of there!
One more note-she did great today with accessing. About only 1 tear, and very little fanfare. I asked her why the difference now from before, and she said "you just get used to it after a while." Unbelievable!
We'll update again when we have the results of the spinal MRI. I'll leave you with a picture of Hannah and Riley. Pretty risky wearing that Red Sox hat this time of year, even inside the house!
at 10:34 PM