Thursday, November 6, 2008


Unfortunately, this has been Hannah the last 2 days. Yesterday, we went to school, but instead of going in, sat outside for 1/2 hour in the car, laying down, hoping to feel better. We came home. She went to bed, slept until 12:30pm and didn't eat anything until 6:00pm.  She seemed to be fine after that and finished all of her homework. 

Today, she ate very little before going to school complaining of a stomach ache even worse than yesterday morning. The school nurse called twice before lunch, and said Hannah's stomach ache was a 9 today out of 10. We negotiated with Hannah to stay through lunch, and I would pick her up if her stomach ache/headache didn't improve. She hung in there and stayed the day, then went to swimming afterwards. She ate dinner fine tonight, and even had a night time snack. 

We added Zantac to her routine tonight. I did give her some this morning, but it did not help. I gave her a pill tonight, then tomorrow morning I'll give her the Kytril at double dose and see how that works. The doctors said we'll just keep experimenting until something works. This could continue for years, it's a product of the tumor site and very common with medullo kids.

For those of you out there that have had morning sickness, it's what I compare it to. Can you image having it for years on end? 

God speed to Aunt Marietta, my mom's sister who passed away this week from cancer (what else??) I really wish I could have traveled to Indiana to attend the funeral, but they all know I was there in spirit. She will be missed by all.


Kim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your aunt. We will be thinking about you and your mom. We hope that Hannah's tummy aches get better soon!

Love,
Mylese

Anonymous said...

Oh no ... that's the not smiling, shining Hannah face I've come to love so much!!!!! I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Hannah. :( I hope this weekend brings better times.

You all remain in my thoughts and prayers.

~Heide
m/o ^Jessica^ (forever 17) & Jake (17)
http://caringbridge.org/visit/jessicarandall
Visit Team Unite today to see how you can help Conquer Childhood Cancer!