Friday, September 5, 2008

So did you see it? I watched Stand Up 2 Cancer here with the girls, they were very interested in the whole thing. I was watching Hannah as she watched the show, especially on the pediatric segment. At the very beginning with the group of cancer survivors, she said "do those little kids have cancer? Look how little they are!"

Well what a show. I held it together until they showed the people crying..the one lady saying "you just watch someone go through it and you want to make it all ok, but you can't." That was my breaking point. So, by the time they showed King Julian (remember our friend little Julian carepage:Juliansworld) and read his mom Mimi's words about she having her hand on his chest feeling his heartbeat, then not feeling it as he died...I was done...blubbering. Did you see Julian's picture? The little boy in the red shirt while actor Forest Whitaker was reading his mom's words. Wow.

Colby and Hannah both called to make a donation. They really wanted to talk to Ellen Degeneres on the phone, ha ha. Colby donated in honor of Hannah, and Hannah donated in honor of Alec. I told her she didn't have to mention anyone, but wanted to mention her friend Alec. Amy-wish I had a picture from your visit last week to post here!!! You can check out his website HERE. Some great new pictures Amy!

I wavered between thinking the show was one big Hollywood cream puff and thinking this could really do some good. Either way, it brings awareness to cancer research and the need for funding, and that can only be GOOD. Their phone lines are open for a week, can't wait to hear what the totals are.

School Day #2 today, what a difference. Hannah jumped out of the car with Colby, and they walked into the school by themselves, with me still in the car. It was great. I didn't find out until later that Hannah actually walked in singing "gotta go to Mo's, gotta go to Modell's," with a little "hip action" as she calls it. I guess this was a bribe from dad last night, walk in singing, with hip action and she'll get $20 and lottery ticket. Colby got in on the action too with $10 for helping out. Trying to distract her, guess it worked...my question is...why didn't I get in on the action? Hannah did run out of her classroom today crying, during math. They are working on that, she just gets frustrated.

Good night, thanks for checking in with us tonight...
Kim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
I did just watch the show too. With a box of tissues. Especially for Mimi's story. I think I am going to Michelle's house tomorrow, so I'll get to meet Mimi there while she is here is California. We know the Sponnies because Bailey goes to the same hospital as Kelly. They have shared several chemo days (and will again this week.) I can't wait to hear about their night in Hollywood at the show.

Hannah - Kelly's younger sister, Shannon has the same Penguin lunch cooler you have! She is a big penguin fan!
Love from California,
Kathy
http://thelaudes.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hannah,
I called as well (and never got to speak to anyone). I wanted to talk to Jack Black but, that never happened. Oh well. Talk to you later.

Tori :]

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Team Hannah!!!! Wow, it's been a while since I've signed in, but I wanted you to know that I'm always reading. Glad that Hannah is enjoying being "back to school"!! :)

Hope you all have a peaceful week!!

~Heide
m/o ^Jessica^ (forever 17) - & Jake (17)
caringbridge.org/visit/jessicarandall
VISIT THE NEW TEAM UNITE! Help Conquer Childhood Cancer!
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness MONTH & September 13 is Childhood Cancer Awareness DAY -- WEAR GOLD FOR THE KIDS!!!!!