Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Birthday to our cousin Sarah today, 9 years old!!!

It's 9:20pm, kids have been in bed since 8:20pm, and they are still wide awake. It's going to be tough getting back into the school routine, no more 9:00am wake up time. Tomorrow is their first day of school. They both said they are nervous, Hannah says she is just going to cry, because "that's what I do."

Big changes for everyone tomorrow, kids are back to school and I'm going back to work. I will be teaching 2 gymnastics classes beginning tomorrow, 3 and 4 year olds. I was teaching when Hannah was diagnosed, then that stopped abruptly. I hope to be able to continue work with this Lyme disease. I just had brain MRI, because I was still experiencing symptoms of Lymes, even though on antibiotics for a couple of weeks. Sure enough, it seems to be in my central nervous system-brain and CFS. Oh joy. I have to go to a neurologist on Saturday to have this confirmed and be sure it's nothing else. Most likely, next week I will have a PIC line inserted and start daily IV antibiotics at home (hopefully.)


Enough of that, here are a few pictures from yesterday, this isn't even our first tomato harvest. We have TONS!! Also, look at the pumpkins that Hannah grew this year. She loves to plant things in the garden.




Remember...SEPTEMBER IS CHILDHOOD CANCER AWARENESS MONTH...This Friday is the big tv network Stand Up 2 Cancer event, 8pm. Here is the link, check it out: Stand up 2 Cancer

Kim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at school tomorrow! What a great harvest! Lots of lovely tomatoes & cool pumpkins, Hannah!!

Anonymous said...

Happy First Day of School!
It is the first day of school here too. Kelly was excited, but nervous to go for the two classes she is doing at school this year. (She'll do the rest at home with her tutor.) I hope they all have a great day.
Kim, This Lyme Disease is the last thing you need! I hope it doens't cause too many more problems for you and you get better fast!
Love from California,
Kathy and Kelly
http://thelaudes.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

We hope your first day of school was wonderful! I loved your comment about crying, "because that's what I do"!! Too cute! Your pumpkins look great! Happy harvesting. Thinking and praying for you all from Indiana!!
Mary & Bailey Holkan